Missed The Adventure Xstream Moab race on the Esquire Network? Download on iTunes Here.
Boundless TV Special – Early Registration Discount for 2017
The 17th annual AXS series kicks off in Moab on April 22nd, 2017. This is one of the most spectacular venues in the series and certainly a racer favorite. Mountain bike through the canyons on jeep roads and some of Moab's epic single track trails. Kayaks through the canyon on the Colorado River, and rappel down a breath taking 300' cliff. We hope to see you in April.
8+ miles of paddling the Colorado River.
A breathtaking 300' rappel!
- Limited Edition Medals for all finishers – Earn a limited edition AXS Medal (that also doubles as a bottle opener-score!) when you cross the finish line.
- Cool custom waterproof Map – You’ll need this to find your way during the race.
- Tech Tee – Each racer gets a sweet AXS performance tech tee.
- AXS Tattoos – You could be our next poster boy.
- Pre-race team photo booth pics!
- Finish Line Food & Festivities – Celebrate, relax & enjoy!
Adventure Duathlon: ~50 miles – Mtn Bike, Trail Run, 300′ Rappel, Navigate (skip the paddle)
Adventure Duathlon: Solo male and female racers will race approximately the same course, but skip the paddle section. Same great adventure course with mountain biking, trail running, and the 300′ rappel.
- Solo Male
- Solo Female
- 2 Person Coed
- 2 Person Male
- 2 Person Female
Note: We encourage you to come and race with as many friends as you want; 1,2,3,4,5+ people, totally up to you. You can all stay together throughout the race, if you wish. But, you can only register in the solo or 2 person divisions. Also note that tandem boats are provided for 2 person teams, and solo’s provide their own.
- Solo Male
- Solo Female
- Solo & 2 Person Teams = Team Gear Drop, No Support Crew.
- Adventure Duathlon = No gear drop and no support crews. You will race with all of your gear for the entire course.
|Registration Fee Per Person||November 30th||December 31st||January 31st||February 28th|
|Solo & Teams||$175||$185||$195||$215|
MOAB MANDATORY GEAR (each racer):
Gear List is now Final.
|Required Gear for each leg of the race = “X”||Mtn Bike||Running||Kayaking||Rappel||Purchase|
|Bike Helmet||X||X||X||Buy Here|
|Life Vest (Type III or better)||X||Buy Here|
|Kayak Paddle||X||Buy Here|
|Kayak* (Tandems provided – Solo racers provide own)||X|
|Rappel Device (ATC or Figure 8 only)||X||X||X||Buy Here|
|Climbing Harness||X||X||X||Buy Here|
|1 Locking Carabiner||X||X||X||Buy Here|
|Hydration System – Enough for 40+ Miles, multiple legs||X||X||X||X||Buy Here|
|Emergency Space Blanket||X||X||X||X||Buy Here|
|Cell Phone in water proof container (1 per team)||X||X||X||X||Buy Here|
|AXS provided Passport/Guidebook (1 per team)||X||X||X||X|
This gear list along with the gear drop information provided in the race updates will give you an idea of how to plan for the race. Certain gear is required for multiple legs of the race (ie: there is not a gear drop at each transition area). Complete details are disclosed at racer check-in. Once you see the maps and plot the race your gear logistics will all come together.
* Kayaks – Tandem Inflatable Kayaks are provided for 2 person teams and are mandatory. Solo racers must provide their own solo kayak of choice. Solo rentals are available from local outfitters or directly from us: Solo kayaks, paddles and pfd’s rentals are available directly from us (Limited supply, so reserve early). These will be waiting for you at the transition areas. Hard shell kayaks and other paddle gear can also be rented at Canyon Voyages in Moab.
Duathlon racers do not need the Kayaking gear.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GEAR ITEMS:
The mandatory gear is the minimum required and subject to penalties if you don’t have those items. You will certainly need additional gear to get you through the race. Here are additional highly recommended items. Search for best pricing by clicking on the item.
Come prepared for all weather conditions. You are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
Elevation profiles and discipline info are given as a range for training purposes.
* Disciplines, Distance, Difficulty, and the order of disciplines subject to change at any time. AXS Adventure Xstream Adventure Race – Moab Utah.