Thanks to all the racers for coming out to AXS MOAB! Congratulations on your fantastic finishes.
Moab Preliminary Results (Subject to change pending passport verification)
Course Photos Click Here
Team Photos Click Here
The 14th annual AXS series kicks off in Moab on April 5th. This is one of the most spectacular venues in the series and certainly a racer favorite. Mountain bike through the canyons on jeep roads and some of Moab's epic single track trails. Kayaks through the canyon on the Colorado River, and rappel down a breath taking 300' cliff. We hope to see you in April.
8+ miles of paddling the Colorado River.
A breathtaking 300' rappel!
- Solo Male
- Solo Female
- 2 Person Coed
- 2 Person Male
- 2 Person Female
- 4 Person Relay
- Solo & 2 Person Teams = Team Gear Drop, No Support Crew.
- 4 Person Relay = Team Vehicle Support
|Entry Fee Price Deadlines||April 2nd, 11:59pm
|2 Person Team||$370.00|
|4 Person Relay||$450.00|
MOAB MANDATORY GEAR (each racer):
|Required Gear for each leg of the race = “X”
|Life Vest (Type III or better)||X|
|Kayak* (Tandems provided – Solo racers provide their own)||X|
|Rappel Device (ATC or Figure 8 only)||X||X||X|
|1 Locking Carabiner||X||X||X|
|Hydration System – Enough for 40+ miles, for multiple legs||X||X||X||X|
|Emergency Space Blanket||X||X||X||X|
|Cell Phone in water proof container (1 per team)||X||X||X||X|
|AXS provided Passport/Guidebook/UTM Grid & Map (1 per team)||X||X||X||X|
This gear list along with the gear drop information provided in the race updates will give you an idea of how to plan for the race. Certain gear is required for multiple legs of the race (ie: there is not a gear drop at each transition area). Complete details are disclosed at racer check-in. Once you see the maps and plot the race your gear logistics will all come together.
* Kayaks – Tandem Inflatable Kayaks are provided for 2 person and 4 person teams and are mandatory. Solo racers must provide their own solo kayak of choice. Solo rentals are available from local outfitters or directly from us: We are sold out of gear rentals but you can still get rentals at Canyon Voyages in Moab.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GEAR ITEMS:
The mandatory gear is the minimum required and subject to penalties if you don’t have those items. You will certainly need additional gear to get you through the race. Here are additional highly recommended items:
- Food & Water
- Paddle Jacket/Pants or Wetsuit
- Rain Gear & Layering cloths
- Bike Tools / Tubes / Pump / Multi-Tool
- Gloves for Rappel & Bike
- Head Lamp (Just in case)
- Dry Bag for Maps/Gear
- Survival Mirror
- First Aid Kit
Come prepared for all weather conditions. You are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
- The Moab Utah race will be divided into 4 legs.
- Any 2 members of each team will be on the course at any given time. It is entirely up to you which 2 team members do each leg of the race.
- Teams may only swap out team members at the designated transition areas.
- 4 person teams must have 1 vehicle that will transport the other two team members and required gear to the transition areas of the event.
- A 4×4 vehicle is not required for the Moab race.
- Note: 4 person relay teams will access all transition areas. (solos and 2 person teams do not necessarily have access to all TA’s for gear drops)
Leg #1 – Mountain Biking
Leg #2 – Trail Running & 300′ Rappel
Leg #3 – Mountain Biking
Leg #4 – Flatwater Kayaking
*Disciplines, Distance and Difficulty subject to change at any time. AXS Adventure Xstream Adventure Race – Moab Utah.