The 15th annual AXS series kicks off in Moab on April 11th, 2015. This is one of the most spectacular venues in the series and certainly a racer favorite. Mountain bike through the canyons on jeep roads and some of Moab's epic single track trails. Kayaks through the canyon on the Colorado River, and rappel down a breath taking 300' cliff. We hope to see you in April.
8+ miles of paddling the Colorado River.
A breathtaking 300' rappel!
- Limited Edition Medals for all finishers – Earn a limited edition AXS Medal (that also doubles as a bottle opener-score!) when you cross the finish line.
- Cool custom waterproof Map – You’ll need this to find your way during the course.
- Tech Tee – Each racer gets a sweet AXS performance tech tee.
- Car Stickers – Way cooler than my Middle Schooler is an Honor Roll Student.
- AXS Tattoos – You could be our next poster boy.
- Pre-race team photo booth pics!
- Finish Line Food & Festivities – Celebrate, relax & enjoy!
Adventure Duathlon: 50+ miles (6-12hrs) – Mtn Bike, Trail Run, 300′ Rappel, Navigate (skip the paddle)
New this year is the Adventure Duathlon Course. Solo male and female racers will race approximately the same course, but skip the paddle section. Same great adventure course with mountain biking, trail running, and the 300′ rappel. You will still plot the course and use your map and navigation skills, but you will skip the paddle.
- Solo Male
- Solo Female
- 2 Person Coed
- 2 Person Male
- 2 Person Female
- 4 Person Coed
- 4 Person Relay (Two team members on the course for each leg of the race.)
- Solo Male
- Solo Female
- Solo, 2 Person, & 4 Person Coed Teams = Team Gear Drop, No Support Crew.
- 4 Person Relay = Team Vehicle Support
- Adventure Duathlon = No gear drop and no support crews. You will race with all of your gear for the entire course.
|Registration Fee Per Person||January 31st
||February 28th||March 31st|
|Solo & Teams||$175.00||$185.00||$195.00|
|4 Person Relay||$115.00||$120.00||$125.00|
MOAB MANDATORY GEAR (each racer):
Preliminary & Subject to Change
|Required Gear for each leg of the race = “X”
|Life Vest (Type III or better)||X|
|Kayak* (Tandems provided – Solo racers provide their own)||X|
|Rappel Device (ATC or Figure 8 only)||X||X||X|
|1 Locking Carabiner||X||X||X|
|Hydration System – Enough for 40+ miles, for multiple legs||X||X||X||X|
|Emergency Space Blanket||X||X||X||X|
|Cell Phone in water proof container (1 per team)||X||X||X||X|
|AXS provided Passport/Guidebook/UTM Grid & Map (1 per team)||X||X||X||X|
This gear list along with the gear drop information provided in the race updates will give you an idea of how to plan for the race. Certain gear is required for multiple legs of the race (ie: there is not a gear drop at each transition area). Complete details are disclosed at racer check-in. Once you see the maps and plot the race your gear logistics will all come together.
* Kayaks – Tandem Inflatable Kayaks are provided for 2 person and 4 person teams and are mandatory. Solo racers must provide their own solo kayak of choice. Solo rentals are available from local outfitters or directly from us: Solo kayaks, paddles and pfd’s rentals are available directly from us (Limited supply, so reserve early). These will be waiting for you at the transition areas. Hard shell kayaks and other paddle gear can also be rented at Canyon Voyages in Moab.
Duathlon racers do not need the Kayaking gear.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GEAR ITEMS:
The mandatory gear is the minimum required and subject to penalties if you don’t have those items. You will certainly need additional gear to get you through the race. Here are additional highly recommended items:
- Food & Water
- Paddle Jacket/Pants or Wetsuit
- Rain Gear & Layering cloths
- Bike Tools / Tubes / Pump / Multi-Tool
- Gloves for Rappel & Bike
- Head Lamp (Just in case)
- Dry Bag for Maps/Gear
- Survival Mirror
- First Aid Kit
Come prepared for all weather conditions. You are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
- The Moab Utah race will be divided into 4 legs.
- Any 2 members of each team will be on the course at any given time. It is entirely up to you which 2 team members do each leg of the race.
- Teams may only swap out team members at the designated transition areas.
- 4 person teams must have 1 vehicle that will transport the other two team members and required gear to the transition areas of the event.
- A 4×4 vehicle is not required for the Moab race.
- Note: 4 person relay teams will access all transition areas. (solos and 2 person teams do not necessarily have access to all TA’s for gear drops)
2015 Elevation Profiles
Elevation profiles and discipline info are given as a range for training purposes.
* Disciplines, Distance, Difficulty, and the order of disciplines subject to change at any time. AXS Adventure Xstream Adventure Race – Moab Utah.