The second stop in the series is Buena Vista Colorado. The name says it all! With the collegiate peaks as the backdrop this venue does not disappoint. Fantastic class II whitewater paddling. Fun for advanced paddlers and novices alike. Great mountain biking on jeep roads and some fun and fast single track. A spectacular ropes course to boot! Come join us in Buena Vista, May 31st.
Whitewater paddling on the class II Arkansas River.
A spectacular ropes section! (12hr)
Mountain biking on Single Track & Jeep Trails.
- Solo Male
- Solo Female
- 2 Person Coed
- 2 Person Male
- 2 Person Female
- 4 Person Relay (12hr Sport Course Only)
- Solo & 2 Person Teams = Team Gear Drop, or Team Support Crew.
- 4 Person Relay = Team Vehicle Support
|12hr Fee Deadlines||May 30th – Noon
|2 Person Team||$390.00|
|4 Person Relay||$450.00|
|Sprint Fee Deadlines||May 30th – Noon
|2 Person Team||$190.00|
- Check Back Here for Race Updates (See Below)
- Check Gear List
- Complete Race Waivers: Event Waiver (Sprint & 12hr)
BUENA VISTA MANDATORY GEAR (each racer):
|Required Gear for each leg of the race = “X”
|Life Vest (Type III or better)||X|
|Kayak* (Tandems provided – Solo racers provide their own)||X|
|Two – 1 Foot Commercially Sewn Slings (or quickdraws) – 12hr Only||X||X|
|Climbing Harness – 12hr Only||X||X|
|2 Locking Carabiners – 12hr Only||X||X|
|Hydration System – Enough for each leg.||X||X||X||X|
|Emergency Space Blanket||X||X||X||X|
|Compass – 12hr only (Orienteering section)||X|
|Cell Phone in water proof container (1 per team)||X||X||X||X|
|AXS provided Passport/Guidebook (1 per team)||X||X||X||X|
This gear list along with the gear drop information provided in the race updates will give you an idea of how to plan for the race. Certain gear is required for multiple legs of the race (ie: there is not necessarily a gear drop at each transition area). Complete details are disclosed at racer check-in. Once you see the maps and plot the race your gear logistics will all come together.
* Kayaks – Tandem Inflatable Kayaks are provided for 2 person and 4 person teams and are mandatory. Solo racers must provide their own solo kayak of choice. Solo rentals are available from local outfitters or directly from us: Rent from us HERE.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GEAR ITEMS:
The mandatory gear is the minimum required and subject to penalties if you don’t have those items. You will certainly need additional gear to get you through the race. Here are additional highly recommended items:
- Food & Water
- Paddle Jacket/Pants or Wetsuit
- Rain Gear & Layering cloths
- Bike Tools / Tubes / Pump / Multi-Tool
- Gloves for Rappel & Bike
- Head Lamp (Just in case)
- Dry Bag for Maps/Gear
- Survival Mirror
- First Aid Kit
Come prepared for all weather conditions. You are ultimately responsible for your own safety.
The relay option is for 4 person teams only (12hr course only). Here are the rules:
- The Buena Vista race will be divided into 6 legs.
- Any 2 members of each team will be on the course at any given time. It is entirely up to you which 2 team members do each leg of the race.
- Teams may only swap out team members at the designated transition areas.
- 4 person teams must have 1 vehicle that will transport the other two team members and required gear to the transition areas of the event.
- A 4×4 vehicle is not required for the Buena Vista race.
*Disciplines, Distance and Difficulty subject to change at any time. AXS Adventure Xstream Adventure Race – Colorado